2.8
Interest Rate
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

I am reaching them since there is no real customer service in Israel. The are using to take you through the long discussions without providing the option to talk with customer managers.

We are the owners of Audi A3 (model: 8V1ABG, Vehicle identification number: WAUZZZ8V2DA022841).

On March 5th the gearbox had stopped allowing reverse gear sliding mesh. I called the service and has been asked to take the car immediately to their garage. The vehicle is declared Feb 2013 car and since than the maintenance has been done only in the certain official importer’s garage. The vehicle passed only 65,000 Km in 5 years. Less than a year ago clutches had been replaced to the new generation model following producer announcement.

The car has passed regular maintenance service less than a month ago (12.02) in official importer’s garage. Brakes replacement and driving test by certificated professional had been a part of this service. No comments were shared regarding vibrations, gear performance fault or any other sign that there is any problem with the gearbox. Three weeks later the gearbox is fault.

Now, one month after 5 years guarantee is over, I have been asked to pay 9,000 Euro for gearbox replacement (40% of new A3 1.4 TFSI car cost in Germany). Once I asked to pay attention to the data I shared above, I got 70% discount from this ridiculous 9,000 Euro price.

Local customer service is saying that something like that can happen in a mechanical vehicle, but I would like to know to clarify two issues:

They think it’s okay that it happens to Audi after 65,000 Km only.

From my family experience with Mazda brand in the same situation (more than 1 month once the guaranty is over and with 98,000 Km) have replaced the gearbox free of charge. I am asking Audi to do the same – to show brand commitment to the clients and to take responsibility for the gearbox.

From serving the net I have found a lot of complaints regarding VW gears and the solution was complete unit replacement free of charge.

Review about: Audi Car.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments