Lexington, Kentucky
2.4

This complaint is a year and a half late, because I avoided taking it public for a long time in hopes maybe the company would work with me. In the fall of 2013, I took my A4 in for repairs. It was driving strangely, and felt like it needed a lot of effort to speed up and move. The associates went over my car for over an hour, and then came to me with list of the repairs needed and a cost of $2,300. I let them go ahead since I was told that would fix the problems.

They seemed hesitant to loan me a courtesy car - no idea why since I have a perfectly clean driving record - but finally did so. When I came to pick up my A4, they waited until I was literally just finished sliding my card to tell me that the transmission was on its way out, and it was just a matter of when. That day, the car drove the same as it had when I took it in. I called the dealership immediately after getting home to tell them it didn't seem right. I was told it was just the new parts. Then the car shut down in the middle of driving it, nearly injuring myself and my passenger. I had it towed in to Audi, but because the car started back up again, the Service manager refused to even look at it. He said that it would be a waste of a $109 diagnostic fee - unbelievable that he was going to charge me for the car not being fixed! This was all in the same day.

A week later, the transmission did give out. Audi told me that they could replace it for several thousand dollars. They left my vehicle in their lot, unlocked, while I waited for someone to arrange to purchase it from me. The mechanic I sold it to said he was immediately able to see the damaged transmission line and that it was impossible to miss. There seems to be no way Audi could have thought the transmission was 100% for sure okay.

I proceeded to talk to the Service manager about the issue, and to customer service. Basically I was told that since it's my word against the dealership's, nothing could be done except an apology. I'm still convinced I was taken advantage of. Then they proceeded to send me mail for over a year afterward, offering me coupons on my next service. On the car they destroyed. Calling, social media, and e-mail were mostly ignored. I've been going to an incredible Buick dealer since, and they have taken wonderful care of me. Too bad it won't get my $2,000+ back.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments